A blizzard of words
Here's a little puzzle about snow. See how many words you know.
1. This is a machine that makes artificial white stuff for movies and winter athletic events when the weather is not cooperating. Sometimes hotels in warmer resort areas use these to create the white stuff for their younger guests visiting during Christmas vacation.
Snow _ _ _ _ _
2. This is a large feline mammal (Panthera uncia) of the highlands of central Asia. It has long, thick, whitish-gray fur with dark markings that are ringed spots of black on brown. This breed of cat is a threatened species whose pelts command a high price in the fur market. (2 words)
Snow _ _ _ _ _ _ _
3."_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Snow _ _ _
Was a jolly happy soul
With a corncob pipe and a button nose
And two eyes made out of coal...." (3 words)
4. A treat made from crushed ice and flavored syrup. The crushed ice is put into a paper cone, rounded on top, and flavored syrup is drizzled on top. Yummmmmm! (2 words)
Snow _ _ _ _
5. This piece of sporting equipment is used to go down slopes as skiers do on two skis. It resembles a similar piece of sporting equipment used in the ocean on waves. The sport involving this piece of equipment was introduced into the Winter Olympics in 1998.
Snow _ _ _ _ _
6. This describes a mountain when the white stuff stays on top of a peak, often into the spring and summer.
Snow _ _ _ _ _ _
7. "The weather outside is frightful/ But the fire is so delightful/ And since we've no place to go ...." (9 words)
_ _ _ _ _ snow, _ _ _ _ _ snow, _ _ _ _ _ snow.
2. Snow leopard
3. Frosty the Snowman
4. Snow cone
7. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow