I'll see you in court!
A Berlin businessman is suing the maker of one of the world's classiest high-performance sports cars: Ferrari. Joerg Winterberg, who paid $199,000 for a new Challenge Stradale model, is demanding his money back . So, does the sleek vehicle leak oil? Maybe the paint is already peeling? No, the problem is that it won't go as fast as advertised. On German autobahns, drivers may travel at whatever speed they like, and Winterberg chose this model because it's supposed to max out at 186 m.p.h . But when he puts the pedal to the metal, he can coax only 175 m.p.h. out of the engine. "I could have," he grouses, "bought a Porsche for far less and had the same performance." As for Ferrari, it's denying that anything is wrong and refuses to pay.
From a survey of its members, TravelExpert.us, a full-service website, has determined that beach vacations are the No. 1 way people choose to spend their valuable time off. With that in view, the site has identified what it considers the 10 best beach destinations in the US. Each were chosen to reflect the varying tastes of beach-niks, from those seeking action and adventure to those who prefer romance and serenity. The top summer beaches, their locations, and the category for each, from the survey:
1. Laguna Madre, South Padre, Texas (for action)
2. Carmel Beach, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif. (for scenery)
3. Black's Beach, San Diego (for adventure)
4. Montauk Lighthouse State Park Beach, Montauk, Long Island, N.Y. (for inspiration)
5. Destin Beach, Fla. (for family environment)
6. Fuller Street Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, Mass. (for charm)
7. Captiva Beach, Captiva Island, Fla. (for romance)
8. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii (for serenity)
9. Cannon Beach, Ore. (for admiring nature)
10. South Beach, Miami (for best-looking people)