What could a wolf and an otter possibly have in common? They both have offspring that are called whelps! We know that a dog has a pup and a fox has a kit. But what other animals have pups and kits? Can you match these animal parents to their offspring?
ANSWERS (Note: Some animals have several names for their young).
1. f (cub), same for a fox, lion, wolf, and tiger (and a young reporter!)
2. h (fawn)
3. g (kid)
4. k (calf), same for a cow, elephant, deer, seal, rhino, and whale
5. j (kit), same for a beaver, cat, and rabbit
6. i (gosling)
7. d (joey)
8. e (farrow); a pig may also have a shoat or a piglet
9. c (pup), same for a dog, seal, fox, beaver, and coyote
10. b (cygnet)
11. a (eyas)