You have something we want
Do you love Mexican food? If so, how'd you like to tuck into a taco that's 32 feet long and weighs 1,323 pounds? It was made in the city of Monterrey by staffs of eight restaurants, a butcher, and a cheesemaker ... to win a new listing in the Guinness Book of World Records. The current champ: a 1,144-pounder made two years ago in Houston. Said one restaurateur responsible for the new contender: "The taco is a symbol of Mexico. It's not possible that the US holds the record."
'We had the issues with us. The war against terrorism, security at home, strong national defense, and dealing honestly with the economy. That's hard to match, and that is why I think we won.'
Senate minority leader Trent Lott (R) of Mississippi from his office Wednesday, commenting on the historic midterm elections that earned the GOP control of both the House and the Senate.
In percentage terms, no other major US daily newspaper grew more in circulation over the past six months than the politically conservative New York Post, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations The bureau, to which 807 dailies report, said the Post rose 10.5 percent, compared to the same period in 2001. The US's 10 largest newspapers, their circulations, and the percentage of change for each over the past six months compared to the March-September period last year, according to the ABC:
1. USA Today, 2.23 million 0.5 %
2. The Wall Street Journal, 1.8 million + 1.1%
3. The New York Times, 1.11 million +0.3%
4. Los Angeles Times, 965,633 0.8%
5. Washington Post, 746,724 1.8%
6. New York Daily News, 715,070 2.5%
7. Chicago Tribune, 613,429 1.3%
8. New York Post, 590,061 +10.5%
9. Newsday of New York's Long Island 578,809 +0.3%
10. Houston Chronicle, 552,052 + 0.04%