DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?
A McDonald's franchise in Piteaa, Sweden, is claiming to have introduced the first drive-up window for snowmobiles. Manager Eva Olsson said the idea came to her when she heard 6,000 of the machines are registered with the city. If there's concern that the food might freeze before it can be consumed, the parking lot has spaces for 60 snowmobiles so the operators can eat inside.
The global economic slump and security concerns have wreaked havoc on the travel industry. But for undeterred vacationers who can afford it, Condé Nast Traveler has released its annual list of the world's best hotels and resorts. Subscribers rated vacation spots on location, service, rooms, food, and activities. The magazine's 10 best and their scores, on a 100-point scale:
1. Singita Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand Reserve, South Africa 100.0
2. The Point, Upper Saranac Lake, N.Y. 95.2
3. Four Seasons Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey 94.9
4. Four Seasons Resort, Nevis 93.8
5. Four Seasons Resort Bali, Bali, Indonesia 93.2
6. Inverlochy Castle, Fort William, Scotland 92.7
7. Ritz-Carlton Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia 92.4
8. Cape Grace; Cape Town, South Africa 92.3
9. Four Seasons Hotel, Berlin 91.5
10. The Peninsula, Hong Kong 91.4