Do-it-yourselfer's tool kit
Save time and money by tackling small repair jobs around the house. The basic equipment you'll need includes:
1. Hammer, 12 to 16 ounces.
2. Pliers - standard (also known as Channel-Lock) and needle-nose.
3. Heavy-duty cutters and wire cutters.
4. Adjustable wrench.
5. Screwdrivers - a variety of sizes and types (Phillips, as well as flat).
6. Cross-cut saw, hacksaw, and miter saw.
7. Electric drill with a set of starter bits.
9. Utility knife with razor blades.
10. Measuring tape (16-foot, metal).
11. An assortment of screws, washers, and bolts.
12. Duct tape.
Source: 'Checklists for Life,' by Kirsten Lagatree
(c) Copyright 2000. The Christian Science Publishing Society