THE SENATE IS EXPECTED TO REVIEW THE FOLLOWING FIVE - OUT OF 18 - RIDERS TO THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS PROPOSAL TO REVAMP THE EPA:
* Halting enforcement of cleaner standards for the Great Lakes, which supplies drinking water to 23 million Americans.
* Limiting action or enforcement of clean-water standards relating to storm-water pollution which could contaminate rivers, lakes, and streams.
* Restricting enforcement of rules keeping raw sewage off beaches and out of waterways.
* Curtailing protection from toxic air pollutants generated by all oil refineries. Some 4.5 million people in California, Texas, New Jersey, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and other states live near these facilities.
* Restricting what the EPA considers ''safe levels'' for pesticides allowed on food.