A VISION FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
The eight National Education Goals, in brief, are:
* All children in America will start school ready to learn.
* The high school graduation rate will increase to at least 90 percent.
* American students will be competent in all core academic subjects.
* American students will be first in the world in science and mathematics.
* Every adult American will be literate and possess the skills necessary to compete in a global economy.
* Every school in America will be safe, disciplined, and drug free.
* American teachers will have access to programs for the continued improvement of their professional skills.
* Every school will promote partnerships to increase parental involvement.