CLINTON'S CABINET PICKS
Deputy National Security Adviser
* Born: Sharon, Conn., Oct. 28, 1945.
* Education: BA, Cornell University, 1967; JD, Harvard Law School, 1971.
* Military service: None.
* Career: Legislative assistant, Sen. Harold Hughes (D) of Iowa, 1971-72; special assistant, Mayor John Lindsay (R) of New York, 1972-73; associate, Hogan & Hartson, 1973-1977; deputy director of policy planning, US State Department, 1977-80; lawyer, 1981 to present.
* Personal: Married to Susan Harrison; 3 children.
* Assessment: Was Anthony Lakes's deputy in the '70s; he continues in that role in Clinton's National Security Council.