[ No headline ]

Q. Two ways to repair cracked concrete driveway I have a 15-foot-square section of cracked concrete driveway. What kind of blacktop and in which thickness can I use to cover it? How is it applied? J. Kellen Brooklyn, N.Y.

A. An inch or so of asphaltic concrete may be applied over the cracked drive. Talk to a local paving contractor for an estimate of cost. We doubt if this overlay is within the abilities of most do-it-yourselfers.

Another option is to fill the cracks with a material such as Compat, made by Hartline Products, 2186 Noble Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44112. The phone number is ( 216) 451-6573.

Note: The filled joints will be somewhat visible but this is the least expensive way to solve the problem.

Compat may also be used as a thin overlay. Two other companies making thin cementious overlay products are: Sealwall Products Inc., 36200 Lakeland Boulevard, Eastlake, Ohio 44904, and the Okun Company, 46 Sansondale Avenue, West Haverstraw, N.Y. 10993. The Sealwall phone number is (213) 951-3445; Okun's is (914) 947-1505.

of 5 stories this month > Get unlimited stories
You've read 5 of 5 free stories

Only $1 for your first month.

Get unlimited Monitor journalism.