[ No headline ]

Got a beef with your landlord? You could move, refuse to pay the rent, or take him to court. But which is the best alternative? To help answer that question, the American Bar Association will soon set up centers across the US to help citizens find places and ways to resolve consumer, family, business, or neighborhood disputes. For instance, the harassed tenant might be directed to mediation, arbitration, or even to court depending on the severity of the complaint, the length of time it's been brewing , and his willingness to move. The ABA has selected three experimental sites: in Houston; Tulsa, Okla.; and Washington, D.C.

The center is the vision of Harvard law Prof. Frank E. A. Sander who says well-run programs can bring efficient, speedy justice.m

You've read  of  free articles. Subscribe to continue.
QR Code to
Read this article in
QR Code to Subscription page
Start your subscription today