Who watches PBS
* 59.5 million households (72% of all American TV-owning families) watched PBS at least some of the time.
* The average family who watched tuned in for approximately 10 hours during the month.
* More than 41.5 million families (50% of all TV households) tuned in during the course of an average week.
* 13% of families watching PBS are nonwhite.
* 62.5% live in households headed by a person with a high school education or less.
* 33% come from a household headed by a person earning less than $15,000 a year. Source: recent Nielsen survey