* A second chamber in the Sejm (parliament) -- a proletarian "House of Lords" -- elected from workers' councils, the unions, and other social organizations, to "control" parliamentary and government activity.
* A virtual end to censorship (recently modified by law) except in national emergency and complete freedom of expression in literature and the arts.
* A fully independent judiciary.
* Removal of ideological bias in education, and of taboos and "forbidden" subjects in sensitive areas in Poland's history and Polish-Soviet relations.
* A new electoral law, with unfettered nomination of candidates independent of the party-controlled Front of National Unity for next year's local council elections.
* Greater outlets for newspaper publication and regular, uncensored access by Solidarity to radio and television.