Tips for dacquoise:
* After blanching the almonds, toast them on an iron skillet over medium heat; turn and shake them occasionally. * A food processor or blender grinds the toasted almonds quickly.
* Scrape the inside of the egg shells with your finger to remove all the white in order to build the largest meringue possible.
* Separate the eggs cold but beat them at room temperature for best results; leftover yolks may be used for cupcakes, Hollandaise sauce, or other recipes.
* When assembling the dacquoise on a serving platter, place a dab of buttercream on the center of the plate and press the first meringue on it to hold the layer firmly.
* If you don't have a confectioners' sugar shaker for the topping, rub the su gar through a tea strainer.