These volunteer agencies engaged in refugee activities are among those encountered by correspondent Edward Girardet during his assignment. He stresses that there are other organizations of equal competence and merit.
1. United States Committee for Refugees, Inc., 20 West 40th St., New York 10018.
2. CARE, Inc., 660 First Ave., New York 10016.
3. International Rescue Committee, Inc., 386 Park Ave. South, New York 10016.
4. Lutheran World Relief and Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, 360 Park Ave. South, New York 10010.
5. American National Red Cross, 17th and D streets NW, Washington, D.C. 20006 .
6. Tom Dooley Heritage, Inc., P.O. Box 1907, Grand Central Station, New York 10017.
7. Food for the Hungry International, 7729 East Greenway Road, Scottsdale, Ariz. 85260.
8. Catholic Relief Services, 1011 First Ave., New York 10022.
9. Church World Service, 475 Riverside Dr., New York 10115.
10. Christian Aid Division of the British Council of Churches, P.O. Box No. 1 , London SW9 8BH, Great Britain.
11. Save the Children Fund, Jebb House, 157 Clapham Road, London SW9 OPT, Great Britain.
12. Save the Children Federation, 54 Wilton Road, Westport, Conn. 06880.
13. Oxfam, 274 Banbury Rd., Oxford OX2 70Z, Great Britain.
14. Caritas, East Germany.
15. Action Internationale Contre la Faim, 13, Rue d'Uzes 75002 Paris, France.
16. Afghanistan Relief Committee, Suite 4100, 345 Park Ave., New York 01054.
17. Tolstoy Foundation, Inc., 250 W. 57th St., New York 10107. For details on other American and International agencies, contact:
* International Council of Voluntary Agencies, 17 Ave. de la Paix, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland.
* The US International Development Cooperation Agency, Washington D.C. 20523.