Paintlike coating may seal leaking metal roof

Q. Our house has a metal roof over some rooms. Several leaks have occurred in the metal. Is there some kind of paint that will plug up the perforations? Mrs. William Edwards North Tarrytown, N.Y.

A. Your local paint store stocks many kinds of paintlike roof coatings, some with asphalt and some with an aluminum base. They might work.

Ask your local Mr. Paint what he would suggest. You will need to tell him what kind of metal is leaking and in what kind of configuration it is. Also, he'll want to know whether the leaks are in the seams or "in the field," so to speak, in order to provide the right stancher.

You've read  of  free articles. Subscribe to continue.