Topic: Penn State Nittany Lions (Football)
Syracuse University assistant men's basketball coach Bernie Fine has been placed on administrative leave by the school, pending an investigation.
11/18/2011 03:11 pm
Penn State reports that its seven-year capital campaign has reached 72 percent of its target. But the remaining 28 percent could present a challenge if donors don't rally around Penn State.
11/16/2011 07:10 pm
A Pennsylvania attorney represents a young man who alleges former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulted him.
11/16/2011 03:32 pm
Penn State’s head coach Joe Paterno has long been a Nittany Lion in winner’s mode. With a victory over Illinois Saturday, Paterno will have the most wins in the major-college ranks.
10/29/2011 01:35 pm
Nobody is more of a coaching institution than Penn State’s Joe Paterno, who is in his 46th year as the school’s head football coach, and his 62nd year on the football coaching staff altogether. His 408 coaching victories place him in a tie for the most in the major-college ranks with the late Eddie Robinson of Grambling, with a handful of games still left to play this season. To find out if you really know Joe, take this quiz:
10/29/2011 01:31 pm
Fort Sumter marked the start of the Civil War, with Confederates shelling it on April 12, 1861. Today, the cannon rolls still reverberate in a country that remains at peace, but torn by ideological divides.
04/12/2011 04:11 pm
What I learned from reading "Death to the BCS."
01/10/2011 09:36 am
Urban Meyer stepped away briefly last year as the Gators coach, but returned for the 2010 season. Now, a less than stellar record this fall has chased Urban Meyer off the sidelines.
12/08/2010 05:14 pm
I thought I knew a lot about pro football but "The Ones Who Hit the Hardest" was full of surprises.
12/03/2010 08:10 am
In Pictures Heisman hopefuls