Sunni and Shiite Islam: Do you know the difference? Take our quiz.

Most of the world's major religions are made up of multiple sects or denominations, and Islam is no different. Islam's two major sects are the Sunnis and the Shiites, and the division and interplay between the two is a major factor in the geopolitics of the Middle East. How well do you understand Sunni and Shiite Islam? Take our quiz and find out!

By , Correspondent

1. Which Muslim sect is larger demographically?

Roughly 87 percent of the world's approximately 1.6 billion Muslims are Sunni. The remaining 13 percent are Shiite.

Roughly 87 percent of the world's approximately 1.6 billion Muslims are Sunni. The remaining 13 percent are Shiite.

Hassan Ammar/AP
(Read caption)

Sunni

 

Shiite

 
Javascript is disabled. Quiz scoring requires Javascript.

 
 
Make a Difference
Inspired? Here are some ways to make a difference on this issue.
Follow Stories Like This
Get the Monitor stories you care about delivered to your inbox.
 

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...