Marilyn Monroe photos stolen ahead of Prague exhibition
Alice Titzova of the PR agency 2media says mannequins and display cases which were part of the exhibition also disappeared. There was no word Wednesday whether the exhibition will be delayed or canceled.
A poster advertising an upcoming Marilyn Monroe exhibition is seen on a tram in, Prague, Czech Republic, May 22. Alice Titzova of the PR agency 2media organizing the exhibition at the Prague Castle said some of the photographs of the star together with mannequins and display cases for the exhibition were stolen late Monday. There was no word Wednesday whether the exhibition will be delayed or canceled.
Petr David Josek/AP
PRAGUE
A publicist for an upcoming Marilyn Monroe exhibition in Prague says that photographs of the star have been stolen.
Skip to next paragraphSubscribe Today to the Monitor
Alice Titzova of the PR agency 2media says the photos, stolen late Monday, were to be on display starting May 30 at the Prague Castle.
Titzova says mannequins and display cases which were part of the exhibition also disappeared. There was no word Wednesday whether the exhibition will be delayed or canceled.
RECOMMENDED: Marilyn Monroe: 8 quotes on her birthday
The collection of various items including Monroe's dresses, shoes, photographs and diaries was assembled by curators at the Salvatore Ferragamo museum in Florence, Italy last year to mark the 50th anniversary ofMonroe's death.
After Prague, the exhibition was to be moved to Tokyo.








Become part of the Monitor community