Online readers get fired up over campaign coverage
(Page 2 of 2)
As Iowa's Kent Sorenson jumps to Ron Paul ship, rat analogies abound
Could Romney 'train' be derailed by Gingrich? Perry? Someone new?
Virginia primary: Was it so hard for Perry and Gingrich to get on the ballot?
Donald Trump as third-party candidate: Will he woo Americans Elect?
Ron Paul: why racist newsletter flap could hurt him in Iowa
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
"Wow," an astonished Tirebiter begins. "Commenters at the illustrious CSMonitor are even stupider than those at the Washington Post."
All of our readers aren't stupid. Just some of them. You know -- those guys.... over there....
Jack, for example, isn't a fan of some of the more right-leaning visitors.
"The amount of conservative morons in these comments is sickening," Jack "Its because of you idiots that our country is as screwed up as it is."
Jason appears to agree with Jack expressing a bit of discontent over some the tone in which some conservatives express their views.
"Keep bashing, morons! It just shows what a bunch of bitter angry anti-intellectual mental midgets you are," Jason postulates.
Although it's clandestine, Robert just may be revealing - albeit discreet - his opinion of the Democratic party.
"Let’s provide free medicine and care from the magic bag of money that Nobama has at his disposal," Robert writes. "Let’s tax the shirts off the folks who make more than $35,000 a year. Let’s continue to do everything we can to make this the United Socialist States of America, amd let us welcome Hugo Chavez and his ilk to the USSA with open, democrat arms. Buncha idiots."
Our friend named "non-partisan" is able to bring a more balanced approach to the argument stating that those on the right and the left are equal in their mental capacities.
"You’re all idiots," Non-partisan relates. "If you think McCain is the same as Bush, you’re an idiot. If you think Obama is some great ‘bringer-of-change’… you’re also an idiot. If you honestly think that this election has ANY bearing on how the actual course of this nation’s politics go, well frankly, you’re an idiot."
Redneck4Obama says enough of the poll stories - that is, until he gets polled.
"I wasn’t polled, why didn’t I get polled?" he questions. "Where the **** do you get polled at? There’s not even a polling survey next to the news article. Who does these polls? I didn’t even get an unbiased phone poll call. Who/What/Where/ When/Why and how can I get polled?
No, we need more polls. In fact, one of our readers - Tallman - conducted his own survey. A survey on those who leave comments.
"I’ve just done a truly scientific study of the current comments to this article and reached the conclusion that right-wingers are bad posters," he concludes. "Sixty-seven percent of conservative posts included phonetic spellings for common words; 93% included incorrect punctuation; 87% used faulty logic (the remaining 13% included no logic at all); 56% violated basic rules of syntax (probably because they espouse the elimination of all taxes). It is not clear if these results are due to thought-action dissociation, i.e., brain-finger disconnect, poor education at home-schools, being the spawn of siblings or an attempt to mimic their standard bearer McCain in computer illiteracy. My colleagues and I plan followup studies as the campaign continues. Stay tuned."