Subscribe

Marijuana brownies sold at SF high school send 2 students to the hospital

Authorities say five students became ill after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a high school in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Authorities say five students got sick — including two who were rushed to the hospital unconscious — after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a San Francisco Bay Area high school.

Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan says a 17-year-old senior allegedly sold the brownies Thursday at De Anza High School for $3 apiece or two for $5.

Five students, ages 14 to 16, fell ill. Gagan says two regained consciousness at the hospital and are in serious but stable condition.

Three other students were treated at the school for nausea and vomiting.

Gagan says the alleged brownie seller was arrested on suspicion of selling drugs on campus and child endangerment. She's being held at juvenile hall.

There's no immediate word on where she got the brownies, or whether she made them herself.

Share this story:
 
 
Make a Difference
Inspired? Here are some ways to make a difference on this issue.
FREE Newsletters
Get the Monitor stories you care about delivered to your inbox.
 

We want to hear, did we miss an angle we should have covered? Should we come back to this topic? Or just give us a rating for this story. We want to hear from you.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Save for later

Save
Cancel

Saved ( of items)

This item has been saved to read later from any device.
Access saved items through your user name at the top of the page.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You reached the limit of 20 saved items.
Please visit following link to manage you saved items.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You have already saved this item.

View Saved Items

OK