GOP race in a microcosm: Romney fund-raising in NY, Gingrich lectures on brain research
Mitt Romney is fund-raising in New York. Newt Gingrich is talking about brain science research in Iowa. What are the other Republican candidates doing today?
(Page 2 of 2)
What are the rest doing? What you’re (conventionally) supposed to be doing - beating the pavement to meet voters.Skip to next paragraph
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
- “Rick Santorum is visiting Urbandale and Des Moines, Iowa, on Wednesday morning before attending a noon event in Johnston and a Christmas party at his Des Moines headquarters.”
- “Rick Perry is spending the day hosting a town hall meeting in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and appearing in the Iowa towns of Harlan and Denison.”
- “Ron Paul is visiting the New Hampshire towns of Amherst, Hillsborough and Derry.”
- Jon Huntsman, who has all but lived in New Hampshire, breaks up our perfect picture by taking a somewhat unconventional trip to raise money in Virginia.
So here we are - an almost entirely gun-shy former frontrunner (although that is changing, or has changed already), an unconventional pollsitter and a slew of candidates trying to do the right thing but not gaining any traction.
The next big event? Tomorrow night’s debate in Iowa, which will bring the candidates together for the penultimate time before the Iowa caucuses. Watch to see if the candidates who have been out and about across the Hawkeye state are keen to criticize those who’ve avoided such peregrinations.
- Mitt Romney’s been on the attack - but has his choice of surrogate attacker-in-chief in New Hampshire proven the campaign has lost it’s mind?
- If you’re in Iowa, check out this exhaustive list of where the candidates will be in the coming days. Here’s the New Hampshire and South Carolina lists, too.
Like your politics unscrambled? Check out DCDecoder.com