Casey Anthony jurors revealed, but missing
Casey Anthony jurors: Judge Belvin Perry said he waited to make the names public because some of the Casey Anthony jurors had received death threats.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
The "cooling off" period a judge cited in delaying the release for three months ended Tuesday, and the names of 12 jurors and five alternates were released by the Pinellas County Clerk of Court.
After the trial ended in July, Judge Belvin Perry said he wanted time to pass before the names were made public because some of the jurors had received death threats.
The named Casey Anthony jurors were: Joan Meier, Raymond Screen, Linda Bills, Harriet White, Brian Berling, Kimberly Kimball, Kathleen Nighland, James Kearns, Ronald Robertson, David Angelo, Mary Fuhr and Jennifer Ford.
The alternates were Elizabeth Jones, Heather Feuerhake, Craig Neuendorf, Russell Huekler and Dean-Edward Echstadt.
Associated Press reporters knocked on doors Tuesday at homes where the jurors were thought to live.
The husband of alternate juror Elizabeth Jones answered the door at their home. He said she was at work. "I'll leave your card with the pile here," Mike Jones said. "But I don't think she is going to want to talk." He added that since she didn't deliberate, "she doesn't have a whole lot to say."
In most cases, the blinds or drapes were closed and no one answered. Dogs could be heard barking inside some of the homes.
At another home, a woman who answered the door said the juror doesn't live there.
Tampa Bay Online quoted John Fitzgibbons, a defense attorney in Tampa, as saying that he was not surprised by the lack of juror availability. "In a case like this with all of the attention, it is not surprising at all the jurors may decline to discuss the case," he said. "I can't blame the jurors for not wanting to talk."
Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee and released from jail a couple of weeks after the trial ended. She is now serving probation on an unrelated check fraud charge at an undisclosed location in Florida.
She was deposed earlier in October for a civil lawsuit that accuses her of ruining another woman's reputation. Anthony told detectives in 2008 that her daughter had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez. The child's body was later found in a wooded area not from the Anthony's home in Orlando.
Detectives have said no such baby sitter existed. But there is an Orlando woman named Zenaida Gonzalez and she sued Anthony over the name confusion.