Osama bin Laden dead: What jihadi websites are saying
Online supporters of Osama bin Laden and his campaign of global jihad reacted with confusion, sadness, and often anger following the news that Osama bin Laden is dead, killed by US special forces in Pakistan Sunday. Here is a sampling of four ways commenters on pro-jihadi websites responded.
• "I’m with Osama either in winning a victory or earning status as a martyr.”
• "Brothers and sisters the order to attack the sheik didn’t come from Obama, it came from Allah and we should be aware that Allah has the power to obliterate the White House in no time. So ... today the kufaar celebrate but tomorrow the ash of their fitna will block out their joy.”
• "The celebrations are amusing. Cheer all you want [infidels], you only have a limited amount of time ... in which to do it. And then you will see the reality of this life."
• "I hope Allah sends them [an] earthquake that will choke them further.”
• "Coming Oh America; Coming Oh Jews, Coming Oh rejectionists (Shi’a); Coming Oh Kufar, secularists, and apostates. Arrivals are coming and they are bringing the coffins with merciless devices."
• "Jihad will not stop because of Sheikh’s death. It will continue until we gain victory.”