Skip to: Content
Skip to: Site Navigation
Skip to: Search

  • Advertisements

Angus T. Jones describes 'Two and a Half Men' as 'filth'

Angus T. Jones is now campaigning against the TV show in which he stars as 'Jake' on 'Two and a Half Men.' In a video, Angus Jones asks viewers, 'Please stop filling your head with filth.'

By Staff, Associated Press / November 27, 2012

Cast member Angus T. Jones from the CBS series "Two and a Half Men." Jones has urged viewers to change the channel saying his new-found religious beliefs are at odds with his job playing a fun-loving teen on the popular show.

REUTERS/Phil McCarten

Enlarge

New York

 The teenage actor who plays the half in the hit CBS comedy "Two and a Half Men" says it is "filth" and through a video posted by a Christian church has urged viewers not to watch it.

Skip to next paragraph
Angus T. Jones talks about why 'Two and a Half Men' no longer fits with his values.

Nineteen-year-old Angus T. Jones has been on the show, which used to feature bad-boy actor Charlie Sheen and remains heavy with sexual innuendo, since he was 10 but says he doesn't want to be on it anymore.

"Please stop watching it," Jones said. "Please stop filling your head with filth."

Jones plays Jake, the son of Jon Cryer's uptight divorced chiropractor character, Alan, and the nephew of Sheen's hedonistic philandering music jingle writer character, Charlie. Sheen, who has publicly criticized CBS, was fired and replaced by Ashton Kutcher, who plays billionaire Walden.

RECOMMENDED: Are you a TV Trivia whiz? Take the quiz

In the video posted by the Forerunner Christian Church in Fremont, California, Jones describes a search for a spiritual home. He says the type of entertainment he's involved in adversely affects the brain and "there's no playing around when it comes to eternity."

"You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that," he said. "I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show."

CBS and the show's producer Warner Bros. Television had no comment Monday.

"Two and a Half Men" survived a wild publicity ride less than two years ago, when Sheen was fired for his drug use and publicly complained about the network and the show's creator, Chuck Lorre. Sheen later said he wasn't still angry at the sitcom's producers and the network and acknowledged he would have fired himself had he been in their shoes.

The show was moved from Monday to Thursday this season, and its average viewership has dropped from 20 million an episode to 14.5 million, although last year's numbers were somewhat inflated by the intense interest in Kutcher's debut. It is the third most popular comedy on television behind CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" and ABC's "Modern Family."

The actors on "Two and a Half Men" have contracts that run through the end of this season.

RECOMMENDED: Are you a TV Trivia whiz? Take the quiz

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

  • Weekly review of global news and ideas
  • Balanced, insightful and trustworthy
  • Subscribe in print or digital

Special Offer

 

Doing Good

 

What happens when ordinary people decide to pay it forward? Extraordinary change...

Estela de Carlotto has spent nearly 34 years searching for her own missing grandson.

Estela de Carlotto hunts for Argentina's grandchildren 'stolen' decades ago

Estela de Carlotto heads the Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo, who seek to reunite children taken from their mothers during Argentina's military dictatorship with their real families.

 
 
Become a fan! Follow us! Google+ YouTube See our feeds!