Think spring by attending a nearby flower show.
- Alamo Orchid Society Show, March 28 to 29, San Antonio Garden Center, San Antonio. (No website.)
Skip to next paragraph
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
- Western North Carolina Orchid Society Show, "Orchid Mystery: Journey to the Far East," March 28 to 29, North Carolina Arboretum, Asheville, N.C.
- Illowa Orchid Society Spring Show, March 28 to 29, Putnam Museum and IMAX Theatre, Davenport, Iowa. (No website.)
Other garden shows, festivals, and events
In addition to the Philadelphia Flower Show, which is the largest of its kind, many localities and botanical gardens host major events to celebrate the flowers of spring. Here are a few of them:
- Chicago Flower & Garden Show, March 7 to 15, Navy Pier.
- Boston "BLOOMS!," March 13 to 15, One International Place, 125 High St. and the InterContinental Hotel, Boston.
- San Francisco Flower & Garden Show, March 18 to 22, San Mateo Event Center, San Mateo, Calif. Organizers say this is the show's final year.
- National Cherry Blossom Festival, Washington D.C., March 28 to April 12.
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, Skagit County, Washington, April 1 to 30.
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival, April 17 to 19, Piedmont Park.
- Cincinnati Flower Show, April 18 to 26, Symmes Township Park, Symmes Township, Ohio.
- Historic Garden Week in Virginia, April 18 to 25 . Events and tours around the state, from Mount Vernon and other historic landmarks to private homes.
- Maryland House & Garden Pilgrimage, April 25, May 2 to 3, May 9, May 16 to 17. Tours of historic and contemporary gardens around the state.
(Editor's note: We invite you to visit the main page of the Monitor’s gardening site, where you can find many articles, essays, and blog posts on various garden topics.)