High school will be lax on Axe body spray no more after student hospitalized

A high school in Pennsylvania says no more body spray after a student had an allergic reaction to Axe body spray. 

By , Associated Press

  • close
    A school in Pennsylvania is requesting its students not to use Axe body spray after it said a student had an allergic reaction to the product.
    View Caption

A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.

Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently hospitalized for exposure to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.

A statement was posted on the school website Tuesday that said:

Recommended: Are you a Helicopter Parent? Take our quiz

The purpose of this posting is to make all parents, staff and students aware of a medical issue involving a Freedom High School student having an extreme allergy to Axe Body Spray.  This allergy is potentially life threatening for this student.  Most recently this student has been transported to the hospital by ambulance for emergency medical treatment due to this student being exposed to Axe Body Spray while attending school.

My request to all Freedom Family members is that we take into consideration this student’s allergy to Axe Body Spray and refrain from using it as your cologne or fragrance of choice while attending Freedom High School.

It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had, or what chemical in the spray may have caused the problem.

Share this story:
 
 

We want to hear, did we miss an angle we should have covered? Should we come back to this topic? Or just give us a rating for this story. We want to hear from you.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...