New Yorker cartoon editor and cartoonist Bob Mankoff takes fans behind the scenes in his new book 'How About Never – Is Never Good for You?,' the Lifetime original movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short is a showcase for actress Whoopi Goldberg, and more top picks.
Arts (View all)
- A little more than a 'staycation'
- Top Picks: PBS's look at family band Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, 'August: Osage County' on DVD and Blu-ray, and more
- Top Picks: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' on DVD and Blu-ray, Broken Bells' album 'After the Disco, and more
- Agnes Martin: She painted with her back to the world
- Top Picks: SyFy's new program 'Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge,' Hafez Nazeri's new album, and more
- Top Picks: Cathal Armstrong and David Hagedorn's cookbook 'My Irish Table,' 'Frozen' on DVD and Blu-ray, and more
- Political clout of Baltic culture
- Top Picks: 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' on DVD, Lake Street Dive's album 'Bad Self Portraits,' and more
- The Web's new viral star
- Top Picks: Alto saxophonist Aaron Irwin's new album 'Ordinary Lives,' Lifetime's film 'The Trip to Bountiful,' and more
A new app compiles clips from documentaries by Ken Burns, writer Mitch Horowitz details how the idea of thinking positively took the US by storm, and more top picks.
Museums are no longer telling visitors to stand back and don't touch – they're asking for their participation.
Top Picks: NBC's Olympic Gold Map of athletes' training facilities, Sting's Broadway play preview, and more
'Frontline' examines the intersection of teenagers and social media, food historian Rae Katherine Eighmey explores Abraham Lincoln's life through regional food, and more top picks.
Top Picks: 'Captain Phillips' on DVD and Blu-ray, PBS's celebration of Britain's National Theatre, and more
Jazz singer Gregory Porter's new album is funky and irresistible, graphic designer Brock Davis captures whimsical still lifes with his iPhone, and more top picks.
CBS celebrates the anniversary of the Beatles' 'Ed Sullivan' appearance, PBS honors Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker's birthday with a two-hour tribute, and more top picks.
Actor Christopher Plummer portrays John Barrymore for PBS as part of the 'Great Performances' series, 'James Bond' writer Ian Fleming gets his own series for BBC America, and more top picks.
Top Picks: The Discovery Channel's scripted series 'Klondike,' the Everly Brothers tribute album 'Foreverly,' and more
The documentary 'Salinger,' which explores the life of the mysterious 'Catcher in the Rye' author, airs on PBS, Leonard Maltin's new movie guide will prep you for awards season, and more top picks.
Playwrights are increasingly staging their shows on their terms as networking via social media and more creative approaches give them the ability to take control of their work.
Photographer Kirsty Mitchell brings viewers to a world of flowers and wooded glades in her series 'Wonderland 2009-2014,' comedian Paul F. Tompkins has his friends portray famous authors in The Dead Authors Podcast, and more top picks.
The November Project, a no-fee grassroots workout group that meets early in the morning, has spread from its home city of Boston to other locations like San Diego, Denver, and even Canada.