Acorn TV's Web-streaming service offers top British shows, the CBS program 'Summer Dreams' takes viewers inside the high-stakes National Basketball Association summer league, and more.
Arts (View all)
- The Web's new viral star
- Top Picks: Alto saxophonist Aaron Irwin's new album 'Ordinary Lives,' Lifetime's film 'The Trip to Bountiful,' and more
- Top Picks: The digital magazine Marvelous, 'Gravity' on DVD and Blu-ray, and more
- Visitors take vibrant new roles
- Top Picks: NBC's Olympic Gold Map of athletes' training facilities, Sting's Broadway play preview, and more
- Top Picks: 'Captain Phillips' on DVD and Blu-ray, PBS's celebration of Britain's National Theatre, and more
- Top Picks: Musician Dave Van Ronk's memoir, Capitol Records' remastered Beatles albums, and more
- Top Picks: The FoodieTV app, Greg Kot's Staples Singers biography, and more
- Top Picks: The Discovery Channel's scripted series 'Klondike,' the Everly Brothers tribute album 'Foreverly,' and more
- A new stage for playwrights
Photographer Kirsty Mitchell brings viewers to a world of flowers and wooded glades in her series 'Wonderland 2009-2014,' comedian Paul F. Tompkins has his friends portray famous authors in The Dead Authors Podcast, and more top picks.
The November Project, a no-fee grassroots workout group that meets early in the morning, has spread from its home city of Boston to other locations like San Diego, Denver, and even Canada.
Top Picks: The Super Deluxe box set of 'The Velvet Underground & Nico,' this year's Annual Kennedy Center Honors broadcast, and more
'Downton Abbey' returns for a fourth season on PBS, PBS's 'American Masters' examines the life of prolific composer Marvin Hamlisch, and more top picks.
Phone boxes, now often deserted, are the subject of a Massachusetts art project where artists create works inside their interiors.
Top Picks: The Royal Opera House's 'Nutcracker' at your movie theater, Philippe Margotin and Jean-Michel Guesdon's Beatles book 'All the Songs,' and...
'Once' troubadour Glen Hansard's new album 'Drive All Night' recalls Springsteen and Van Morrison, PBS's 'How Sherlock Changed the World' examines the influence of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on police work, and more top picks.
Jazz musician Ben Allison tries something new with his genre on the album 'The Stars Look Very Different Today,' the children's book 'Songs from a Journey with a Parrot' has kids read and sing, and more top picks.
From Nick Lowe's folksy 'Quality Street' to Mary J. Blige's refreshing take on winter standards, here's some new music worth checking out this holiday season.
From the amount of airline passengers flying home the history of the president pardoning a turkey, use these facts about Turkey Day to entertain your tablemates at dinner this year.
HBO's sports retrospective looks at how athletics can cross race, gender, and class lines, the American Chemical Society's site has tips on Thanksgiving cooking as well as facts about the science behind it, and more top picks.
Top Picks: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' on DVD and Blu-ray, an opportunity to save a turkey, and more
PBS airs the films 'Indian Relay' and 'Young Lakota' to celebrate Native American Heritage Month, Oliver Stone's 'JFK' arrives on Blu-ray with new features and footage, and more top picks.