Acxiom's AboutTheData.com lets you see and edit what marketers think they know about you.
Top Responsible Tech (View all)
- How Walgreens went off the grid
- Millennial Trains Project: A ride for experimental learning
- Top 5 ways to manage your many, many passwords
- Tech law blog Groklaw shuts down, cites surveillance concerns
- 'White hat' hacker breaks into Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook account
- Assad supporters hack Outbrain, a content-recommendation service
- Gmail users do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, says Google
- Apple wants your old USB cords
- Google unveils Android-equivalent of 'Find My iPhone'
- Apple manufacturer accused of labor rights violations
More Responsible Tech
Facebook's feature-phone application now reaches more than 100 million users, according to a recent announcement.
In an effort to combat illegal Web traffic, Prime Minister David Cameron announced a plan to blacklist certain Internet sites, and create "family friendly" Wi-Fi networks.
Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology devised a new computerized vest bearing the acronym 'FIDO' that is meant to bridge the communication gap between service dogs and their owners
Myanmar awards cell phone contracts to Norwegian Telenor and Qatari Ooredoo.
How to fund a microloan, find a place to volunteer, or help UNICEF – from your iPhone or Android device while you wait.
A Yahoo hack stole passwords from 400,000 user accounts. Add those to the millions snatched last month and it's easy to feel numb toward these breaches. Resist that urge. Friends and associates may pay for your inaction.
Fireworks sales have doubled since 1998, but not injuries.