New phone apps such as Whisper and Secret revitalize the idea that "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog."
Top Pioneers (View all)
- Digital home 101: Smart locks to defend your house
- Harriet Tubman: Conductor, spy, and Civil War military mind (+video)
- Elon Musk is now the proud owner of James Bond's submarine car
- Google Doodle marks the anniversary of 'I Have a Dream' speech
- Is Google building a fleet of driver-less cars?
- Can Apple's iPhone 5S make fingerprint scanners cool?
- Apple on hiring spree in search of iWatch design
- Apple files for iWatch trademark in Japan
- PayPal plans for interplanetary banking system
- Recon Jet: Google Glass-like 'smart' sunglasses for athletes
Google Loon is a project to bring the Internet to forgotten corners of the globe using balloons. Will it fly?
When social media is used during disasters, it can save lives and ease communities.
Google celebrates the birthday of Leonhard Euler, a Swiss mathematician recognized for popularizing much of modern math terminology and notation, as well as famous contributions to calculus and astronomy.
These three designers have created novel ways to incorporate the ever-changing world of technology into the fast-paced world of fashion. Their clothes make music, change shape, and monitor your heart.
A court has sided with Internet TV start-up Aereo over the big networks. Now, Fox threatening to cut its broadcast signals.
Ada Lovelace was the visionary half of the team that helped create the modern computer. Lovelace is honored by Google as the 'first computer programmer.'
New Ultrabook convertibles take many forms, as manufactures try to figure out what people want.
Windows Phone 8 doesn't feel like Apple or Android, though it's borrowed good ideas from both.
Social news site Reddit offers a warren of links, forums, and perspectives – including an interview with President Obama.
More top-notch courses open up to anyone online. Coursera and edX promise virtual equivalents of the real Ivy-league classes.