Top Letters to the Editor (View all Letters to the Editor)
- Readers Write: A smart alternative to school suspensions
- Readers Write: Indie booksellers must adapt; Bloomberg money vs. NRA members
- Readers Write: How to stop illegal immigration; 'Sequester' is hurting criminal justice
- Readers Write: Video games foster unthinking acts; Marxism endures in China
- Readers Write: What real US tax reform could look like
- Readers Write: The tyranny of America's pro-gun majority; Do guns make us safer?
- Readers Write: How I fight gun and gang violence, as a former gang member
- Readers Write: GOP can attract Hispanics; Keystone pipeline spells destruction
- Readers Write: Why suicide rate fell in Japan; Gun ownership for self-defense is based on fear
- Readers Write: The advantages of a decreasing Western birth rate
More Letters to the Editor
Letters to the Editor for the February 25, 2013 weekly print issue: Until America strengthens its families society will continue to struggle with selfishness and violence; Government is not a multiplier. It is a subtracter. A government can print money, but it cannot produce wealth.
Letters to the Editor for the February 18, 2013 weekly print issue: To speak of gun ownership as a privilege that can be given up ignores history and the philosophical basis of the right to self-protection. Findley's op-ed was a voice of reason in the hyperbolic discussion on gun control.
Letters to the Editor for the February 11, 2012 weekly print issue: I'd rather have a gun and never need to use it than desperately need to use one and not have it. Findley says that he is giving up his guns, but will continue to hunt using other weapons. Is he not just continuing the barbarity?
Readers Write: Not too late to change US priorities in Afghanistan; Gun control advocates use flawed logic
Letters to the Editor for the weekly print issue of February 4, 2013: US actions in Afghanistan have not matched our words; we must push for better governance and offer more development aid. And on gun control: Should the US also outlaw box cutters since they were instrumental in the murder of nearly 3,000 people on 9/11?
Readers Write: Balancing gun rights with prevention; America's culture of fear sells; Gun control and the Bill of Rights
Letters to the Editor for the Jan. 28 weekly print issue: There is no easy answer to the question about how to protect America's Second Amendment rights but also prevent gun violence. Fear sells, and the media and lobbyists on both sides have capitalized on our latest fear of gun violence. Legislating gun control would set a dangerous precedent for altering the Bill of Rights.
Letters to the Editor for the weekly print issue of January 21, 2013: Films like Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty should take a better moral stand on torture. America's Founding Fathers knew the art of compromise – even on issues of faith.
Readers Write: Obamacare should keep religious exemption narrow. What has Obama done for Palestinians?
Letters to the Editor for the weekly print issue of Dec. 31, 2012: The religious exemption to Obamacare's contraceptive mandate should remain narrow, so few groups have the right to deny employees insurance coverage for contraception. President Obama should stop support for Israel's West Bank takeover and bring US foreign policy in line with American democratic principles.
Letters to the Editor for the weekly print issue of December 24, 2012: Government shouldn't privilege the teachings of one religion over another on any part of health-care access. And equating women's access to health care with an impingement on religious liberty is a distraction.