Huffington deal: 10 ways AOL will change
Huffington deal brings AOL and Huffington Post together at last—but will they make an odd couple?
Top 10 Ways AOL Will Change Under Arianna Huffington
10. Sound effects for AIM replaced by the sound of George Soros clearing his throat.
9. AOL Daily Finance will now carry banner ads from CheTrade and FIDEL-ity Funds.
7. "You've Got Mail, and a Responsibility to the Environment."
4. Effective Immediately: All AOL staff writers are now "entrepreneurial journalists", compensation includes "cool points" and "social capital", but not actual dollars.
3. That obnoxious sound your dial-up modem makes will be replaced with the just-slightly better sound of Arianna castigating George Boosh
2. Two words: MaherMail
1. Death Panels for the entire AOL ISP user base, which is predominantly over 70 years old.
I kid because I love...good luck Arianna and Tim!
The Christian Science Monitor has assembled a diverse group of the best economy-related bloggers out there. Our guest bloggers are not employed or directed by the Monitor and the views expressed are the bloggers' own, as is responsibility for the content of their blogs. To contact us about a blogger, click here. To add or view a comment on a guest blog, please go to the blogger's own site by clicking on the link above.