Best hotel promotions this Spring
Find special deals this Spring for stays at Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and more.
Spring is in the air, and it won’t be long until school is out and the vacation season is underway. If you have yet to book your summer getaway then I suggest you do so quickly--before flights start to fill up and hotels sell out.
Before you make a decision on where to stay it’s important to consider which hotel chains are offering bonus reward points or even free nights. These hotel promotions can offer an amazing value at some of the world’s most glamorous properties.
Let’s take a look at some of the best hotel promotions that are going on this spring.
Hilton's 'Double Your HHonors' Promotion
Hilton HHonors recently announced a new Double Your HHonors promotion where you will have the opportunity to double your points on qualified Hilton stays through May 31, 2015.
If you prefer to receive airline miles with your HHonors points you can get double airline miles with your preferred airlines. In order to take advantage of this promotion you will need to be signed up with Hilton HHonors before the end of your hotel stay.
Another way to add bonus Hilton HHonors points to your account is with one of their co-branded credit cards. With the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express you will earn a bonus of 80,000 Hilton HHonors points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months of card membership. The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card will give you two free weekend nights after you spend $2,500 in the first four months of card membership.
Hyatt's 'Stay More Play More' Promotion
Hyatt has some of my favorite hotels in the world. The combination of luxury amenities and service make them an attractive option for a lot of travelers. Through April 30, 2015 they are having a stay more play more promotion where Hyatt Gold Passport members are being offered one of four different bonuses:
- Earn 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your next eligible stay at any Hyatt hotel
- Earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after completing two eligible stays at any Hyatt hotel
- Earn up yo 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after staying 20 nights at Hyatt hotels
- Earn up to 65,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after staying 25 nights at Hyatt hotels
If you are looking for other ways to earn extra Hyatt Gold Passport points or even free nights, you have a couple great options. First, the Hyatt credit card will give you two free nights at any Hyatt hotel worldwide after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. You could also sign up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which will give you 40,000 Ultimate Reward points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months. Ultimate Reward points can then be transferred to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
IHG's 'Set Your Sights' Promotion
Whether you're planning a trip across the world or a weekend getaway to another part of the country, there are plenty of amazing IHG properties to choose from. Through April 30, 2015 you can take part in their Set Your Sights promotion, a targeted offer that allows you to earn anywhere from 50,000 to 70,000 bonus points. The offer I received from IHG was the following:
- 500 bonus points when you download the IHG app
- 5,000 bonus points when you stay three nights between January 1 and April 30, 2015
- 5,000 bonus points when you book two stays directly through IHG (booked and consumed between January 1 and April 30, 2015)
- 5,000 bonus points when you book a weekend stay (either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday between January 1 and April 30, 2015)
- 10,000 bonus points when you stay at two Holiday Inn properties (between January 1 and April 30, 2015)
- 25,000 bonus points for completing all five of the prior activities
If you want to boost your IHG rewards balance even more, they're offering a limited time bonus of 70,000 points when you sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Select credit card. You will need to spend $1,000 within the first three months to get your bonus.
Marriott's 'Free Night' Promotion
Anyone who isn't already a Mariott Rewards member has a chance to win a free night! All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Sign up for Marriott Rewards
- Stay twice at participating Marriott hotels. Your stays must take place during the month that you sign up for Marriott Rewards or the 120 days following the end of that month.
- You will then earn a free night at any participating category 1-5 Marriott hotel.
Marriott's 'MegaBonus' Promotion
Through April 30, 2015 Marriott is also running a MegaBonus promotion where you can earn 3,000 bonus points each time you stay at a Marriott hotel on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You can earn up to 24,000 bonus points during this promotion.
The Marriott Rewards Premier credit card is another way to earn bonus Marriott Reward points. You will earn 50,000 points after you spend $1,000 within the first three months of being a card member. The Ultimate Rewards points that you earn from the Chase Sapphire Preferred card can also be transferred to Marriott.
I love taking advantage of hotel promotions when I travel, because they are the perfect way for me to relax while boosting my rewards balance. Whether you're looking to book a family vacation or a last-minute weekend trip, rest assured there's a promotion out there that's just right for you. All you need to do is look!
The Christian Science Monitor has assembled a diverse group of the best personal finance bloggers out there. Our guest bloggers are not employed or directed by the Monitor and the views expressed are the bloggers' own, as is responsibility for the content of their blogs. To contact us about a blogger, click here. To add or view a comment on a guest blog, please go to the blogger's own site by clicking on the link in the blog description box above.