Top Latest News Wires (View all Latest News Wires)
- Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox headed for liquidation
- Poker tournament refund: Casino must pay $1.7 million for rigged tournament
- Tax Day is here, but your filing deadline may not (+video)
- Mortgage rates: Possibility of hikes stokes housing demand
- FBI reportedly probing Herbalife
- Duane Reade sued for using photo of Katherine Heigl (+video)
- Unemployment claims fall to nearly seven year low, government says
- Bacon prices rise after virus kills millions of baby pigs
- Spiders: Gasoline-loving critters trigger Mazda recall
- ATM: $37,000 dispensed to homeless man
More Latest News Wires
Manco & Manco owners Charles and Mary Bangle were arrested on charges that they failed to report nearly $1 million in income and evaded $336,000 in federal taxes. Manco & Manco is a popular chain of pizza restaurants in New Jersey.
Mozilla co-founder Brendan Eich is leaving the company after 10 days as CEO, following protests over his 2008 support of Prop. 8, a gay marriage ban in California.
Tax return fraud: Valerie Butler and her son Garry Young Jr. were each sentenced to over a year in federal prison for a scheme to file 299 false tax returns.
Michigan minimum wage efforts were praised by the president in a speech there Wednesday. Alongside Michigan Senate hopeful Gary Peters, Obama said raising the minimum wage would raise millions of people out of poverty.
Gloria Vanderbilt is worth a reported $200 million, but her son, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, won't be inheriting her fortune. In addition to being an heiress, Gloria Vanderbilt is a well-known artist and designer.
California Powerball winner B. Raymond Buxton waited more than a month to claim the $425 million prize. But the California Powerball winner continues to keep a low profile. Why that might be a smart move.
Electric heater recall: Dyson is aware of 82 incidents worldwide of the recalled heaters short-circuiting and overheating, including four reports of heaters with burned or melted internal parts.
Free coffee offer at McDonald's begins March 31 and lasts until April 13. The move comes a week after Taco Bell announced a new breakfast menu in an ad featuring 25 men named Ronald McDonald.