'Child of God,' based on the Cormac McCarthy novel, gets a new trailer
'Child of God' is directed by actor James Franco.
John Le Carre offers stiff warning on intelligence agencies
Which country reads most? (Hint: It's not the US)
'Divergent' film company teams with Sephora for a makeup line (+video)
New adaptations of Agatha Christie's 'Partners in Crime,' 'And Then There Were None' to air on BBC
Oscars 2014: '12 Years a Slave,' other literary adaptations take home prizes
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
The novel “Child of God” was released in 1993 and centers on former prisoner Lester Ballard, who was falsely imprisoned for rape and now, after being released from prison, wanders an isolated area of Tennessee. In the movie version, actor Scott Haze of “As I Lay Dying” (also directed by Franco) portrays Lester, while “Klondike” actor Tim Blake Nelson plays the local sheriff. Franco is also appearing in the film.
Multiple McCarthy novels have been adapted for the screen, including Best Picture winner “No Country for Old Men,” “The Road,” and others.
“Child of God” is still seeking an American distributor.
Check out the trailer for “Child of God” below.
- How a manicurist helped solve a sea-turtle mystery
- 'Ukraine is game to you?' It shouldn't be.
- Facebook drones? Report says yes. (+video)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson to host new 'Cosmos,' 34 ye...
- Ukraine crisis: Could US energy save Ukraine?
- Huge, amoeba-infecting virus unleashed from Sib...
- Which country reads most? (Hint: It's not the US)
- PMAD promo
- 10 best books of March: the Monitor's picks
- Are we close to cheaper cleaner methanol?
- Ukraine crisis: Would Putin shut off gas again?
- Global warming disrupts ocean dynamics in Antar...