Top 10 books of 2010... according to Amazon
Amazon creates "best of" book lists for the first half of 2010.
What do the people at Amazon consider to be the "must read" books from the first half of 2010? They've posted the following list:Skip to next paragraph
End to an era at legendary Paris bookshop Shakespeare and Company
'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' film rights acquired by Universal
Better World Books' bestseller list: more classics than new titles
More books, more choices: why America needs its indies
Is Slate's Amazon-defending blogger really a 'moron'?
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
1. "The Passage" by Justin Cronin
2. "The Irresistible Henry House" by Lisa Grunwald
3. "Country Driving" by Peter Hessler
4. "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Stieg Larsson
5. "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis
6. "Matterhorn" by Karl Marlantes
8. "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot
9. "Just Kids" by Patti Smith
10. "The Lonely Polygamist" by Brady Udall.
What's missing? In my book, any best of 2010 fiction should include "36 Arguments for the Existence of God" by Rebecca Goldstein, "The Girl Who Fell From the Sky" by Heidi Durrow, "Ruby's Spoon" by Anna Lawrence Pietroni, and "The Theory of Light and Matter" by Andrew Porter.