Top Latest News Wires (View all Latest News Wires)
- Nobel prize-winner Doris Lessing dies
- Sarah Palin campaigns for Christmas in new book (+video)
- Booker Prize winner: Murder mystery wins prestigious award
- Alice Munro, master of the short story, wins Nobel Prize for literature
- Elizabeth Smart details her kidnapping and near rescues (+video)
- Tom Clancy captured Cold War fear in his thrillers
- Invisible Man book ban: Who's behind it?
- Apple injunction: Will judge's ruling lower e-book prices?
- Beetle Bailey's creator praised by military brass as he turns 90
- 'Selfie' joins 'twerking' in Oxford dictionary
More Latest News Wires
'Into the Wild,' a book by Jon Krakauer about a young man who died in the Alaska wilderness, may have inspired a young man who headed into the Oregon wilds after sending suicidal text messages.
Elmore Leonard wrote dozens of bestsellers, many of which were adapted for the screen, including 'Jackie Brown,' 'Get Shorty,' 'Out of Sight,' '3:10 to Yuma,' and the FX series 'Justified.'
Shirley Jones paints a different portrait of herself in her new autobiography, "Shirley Jones." The actress, who played a mother on "The Partridge Family," offers a racy view of her private life.
Paula Deen was supposed to release "Paula Deen's New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up" in October. But Ballantine Books canceled the release, even though it was already No. 1 in pre-orders on Amazon.
'1984' book sales are rising after the Edward Snowden revelations about NSA spying. The topic of 'Big Brother' watching has spurred the sales of George Orwell's "1984" and Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World."
Vance collected a number of awards over the years, including Hugo Awards for 'The Dragon Masters' in 1963, 'The Last Castle' in 1967, and for his memoir 'This is Me, Jack Vance!' in 2010.
'Parenthood,' 'Gilmore Girls' actress Lauren Graham's new book 'Someday, Someday, Maybe' follows a 20-something aspiring actress named Franny Banks who is living in New York City in the 1990s.
Tom Sizemore: Drugs, immaturity, arrogance are among the failings that led to actor Tom Sizemore's downfall. He details his career arc in "By Some Miracle I Made It Out of There."