Latin America Editor
Whitney Eulich is the Monitor's Latin America editor, overseeing regional coverage for CSMonitor.com and the weekly magazine. She also curates the Latin America Monitor Blog.
In 2009 Whitney lived in Venezuela as a Rotary International Cultural Ambassadorial Fellow, and has worked in Colombia and Guatemala as an oral historian and radio journalist. Prior to joining the Monitor, her reporting was aired or published on NPR programs including Latino USA and PBS's The NewsHour (online). She has conducted trainings for radio reporters in English and Spanish, and prior to journalism, Whitney taught English in France, led study abroad programs in Europe and Francophone Africa, and worked in natural disaster management after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Whitney holds a Bachelors of Science in social policy from Northwestern University, where she also minored in French. She received her master's from Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) in 2011 with a focus on human rights, Latin America, and conflict resolution.
- Terrorism & Security Russia boosts its naval presence in Syria, sends regime new missiles (+video)
- Terrorism & Security Syrian rebel's video surfaces amid intensified pressure for action on Syria
- Terrorism & Security US and Russia team up to make fresh diplomatic push on Syria
- Terrorism & Security Attack in Nigeria underscores strength of Islamist militant group
- Latin America Monitor Mexico's got theater in unusual spaces
- View all