Stacy Teicher Khadaroo
Stacy is a national news reporter for the Christian Science Monitor. She focuses on education -- at all stages of life. But she also reports on other issues for the national news desk. Based in Nashua, N.H., she currently works half time so she can be with her toddler son and infant daughter.
Stacy received her master's degree at the University of Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia.
During her time at Smith College, she spent a school year interning at the YWCA in Kingston, Jamaica, and has continued to follow issues related to women's rights around the world. She loves to travel, volunteer at her church, hike and camp, and dance.
She's had a long career at the Monitor, starting out in the Op/Ed department, then moving into editing national news and education, writing about workplace and financial issues, and then moving to the education beat. Her work has taken her to diverse locations ranging from New Orleans and Oakland, Calif., to the Daintree rainforest in Australia.
- School stabbing: Were warning signs missed? (+video)
- Pennsylvania high school mass stabbing: stories of fear and heroism (+video)
- House votes to amend Obamacare: how it would affect community colleges
- What happens at school when a girl doesn't act like a girl (+video)
- Racial gap in discipline found in preschool, US data show
- View all