Southeast Asia Correspondent
Simon Roughneen is a southeast Asia correspondent, filing for the Monitor since September 2011. He's based in Myanmar (Burma) but travels the region as much as possible. In the past, he's reported from several countries in Africa, from Pakistan, and has been on shorter assignments to Haiti, India, Israel, Korea, Kosovo, Lebanon, Turkey, and the West Bank. You can visit his personal website at www.simonroughneen.com.
- Thai politician turned protest leader follows own script in political drama
- A tale of two Thailands: Why the south will boycott Sunday's election
- Indonesia to Australia: stop crossing the line
- Change Agent Buddhist charity aids storm-ravished Philippines
- Change Agent Organic farming buds in Laos
- View all