Southeast Asia Correspondent
Simon Roughneen is a southeast Asia correspondent, filing for the Monitor since September 2011. He's based in Myanmar (Burma) but travels the region as much as possible. In the past, he's reported from several countries in Africa, from Pakistan, and has been on shorter assignments to Haiti, India, Israel, Korea, Kosovo, Lebanon, Turkey, and the West Bank. You can visit his personal website at www.simonroughneen.com.
- Global News Blog Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi speaks out
- Burmese optimistic after historic White House visit
- Malaysia's ruling coalition hangs on against winds of change
- Global News Blog Malaysia prepares for its closest election in 50 years (+video)
- Change Agent In Lebanon, a doctor offers comfort and healing to refugees from neighboring wars
- View all