Schuyler Velasco joined the Monitor in 2011 as an intern on the business desk. She now writes and edits for the business desk and occasionally the national desk, covering consumer issues, sports, and the occasional odd food item.
Schuyler holds a B.A. in English Literature and a minor in music from Florida State University, and an M.A. in Journalism with a concentration in Cultural Reporting and Criticism from New York University. Her written work has appeared in Salon, Flavorwire, the Forward, and Back Stage, among others. She is originally from Orange Park, Florida, and her favorite sports teams include the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Florida State Seminoles.
She lives in Brookline, Mass. with her husband, a corgi, and a calico cat.
- The Bite EU wants to ban US use of Parmesan, Gouda. Lawmakers cheesed. (+video)
- The Bite Sbarro pizza chain files for second bankruptcy. It can do that? (+video)
- The Bite No second banana: Fruit giants Chiquita and Fyffes merge (+video)
- The Bite Waffle Taco headlines Taco Bell breakfast debut next month
- Eric Holder urges new laws for data breaches after Target attack (+video)
- View all