Schuyler Velasco joined the Monitor in 2011 as an intern on the business desk. She now writes and edits for the business desk and occasionally the national desk, covering consumer issues, sports, and the occasional odd food item.
Schuyler holds a B.A. in English Literature and a minor in music from Florida State University, and an M.A. in Journalism with a concentration in Cultural Reporting and Criticism from New York University. Her written work has appeared in Salon, Flavorwire, the Forward, and Back Stage, among others. She is originally from Orange Park, Florida, and her favorite sports teams include the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Florida State Seminoles.
She lives in Brookline with her fiance, a corgi, and a calico cat.
- Is food the future of entrepreneurial Japan?
- Seminoles star Jameis Winston won't face charges in 2012 rape case (+video)
- Can UNESCO save traditional Japanese cuisine?
- Student debt climbs to $29K. What makes a 'value' school?
- Black Friday weekend sales disappoint. Can retailers recover? (+video)
- View all