Sara Schonhardt is a Christian Science Monitor contributor based in Jakarta, Indonesia, where she has been reporting since 2009. During that time she has covered major floods and earthquakes and reported from refugee camps during a volcanic eruption in 2010. She has also reported about a government crackdown on punks and how youth were reacting to a film about a dark part of Indonesia’s past. Sara previously worked for various media in Thailand and Cambodia and received her master’s degree from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. She has a BA in Journalism from Ohio University.
- Move over Miss World: A beauty contest for Muslim women
- Stuck in Indonesia: Asylum seekers before they set sail for Australia
- Asia pivot: US to sell attack helicopters to Indonesia in $500 million deal
- Global News Blog A view from Indonesia - beyond Bali
- Global News Blog Singapore to Indonesia: Stop sending us your smog.
- View all