Peter Grier is The Christian Science Monitor's Washington editor. In this capacity, he helps direct coverage for the paper on most news events in the nation's capital.
Grier has reported from Washington since 1979. Prior to his present position, he was the Monitor's chief diplomatic writer. He has also served as Pentagon correspondent, and general assignment writer, handling such topics as the environment, campaign finance, regulatory agencies, and government intelligence. His journalism career began in 1977 at the Birmingham (Michigan) Eccentric. He was educated at Principia College and has done graduate work at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
He reported on-scene from the Soviet Union during the Cold War and Iraq during the first Gulf War. He is co-winner of the Society of Professional Journalists National Reporting Award and was twice a finalist for the Livingston Award.
- Decoder Wire Why Rand Paul thinks Senate is 'bullying' Apple Inc. (+video)
- Decoder Wire Might Obama fire Attorney General Eric Holder?
- Decoder Wire Ted Nugent's brother slaps Ted on gun background checks. Family feud?
- Decoder Wire North Korea missile launches: Pyongyang toying with foes? (+video)
- Decoder Wire Bob Woodward compares Benghazi with Watergate. Is he right? (+video)
- View all