Peter Grier is The Christian Science Monitor's Washington editor. In this capacity, he helps direct coverage for the paper on most news events in the nation's capital.
Grier has reported from Washington since 1979. Prior to his present position, he was the Monitor's chief diplomatic writer. He has also served as Pentagon correspondent, and general assignment writer, handling such topics as the environment, campaign finance, regulatory agencies, and government intelligence. His journalism career began in 1977 at the Birmingham (Michigan) Eccentric. He was educated at Principia College and has done graduate work at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
He reported on-scene from the Soviet Union during the Cold War and Iraq during the first Gulf War. He is co-winner of the Society of Professional Journalists National Reporting Award and was twice a finalist for the Livingston Award.
- Decoder Buzz GOP wants 'kissing congressman' Vance McAllister out. Is he toast?
- Decoder Buzz Stephen Colbert replaces David Letterman: How political will 'Late Show' be? (+video)
- Decoder Buzz Maine Sen. Angus King says he might flip to GOP. Would they take him? (+video)
- Decoder Buzz 'Kissing congressman' won't ask for FBI probe of video leak. Wise move? (+video)
- Decoder Buzz Democrats raise more than the GOP for US Senate races: Big deal?
- View all