Todd R. Nelson
Todd R. Nelson has worked in public and private education since 1979 in schools in Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, rural Maine, and Philadelphia.
He has been a Monitor contributor of Home Forum essays, poems, Op-Ed commentaries and feature articles since 1989.
For 10 years, he was a frequent commentator on Maine Public Radio. He publishes frequently in national and regional publications, writes a monthly column for Teachers.net, and is head of school at The School in Rose Valley outside Philadelphia.
He and his wife, Lesley, have three adult children.
- Modern Parenthood Paddling to the sea: the magic of imaginary play
- Modern Parenthood School report cards, then and now. What's changed?
- Modern Parenthood Breaking in the new school year, preserving that new car smell
- Modern Parenthood Back-to-school earn or learn debate: Should parents pay for good grades?
- Modern Parenthood Track and field day is a rite of passage with one special gym teacher
- View all