Susan DeMersseman is a psychologist and writer in the San Francisco Bay area, where she has worked with children and families for more than 30 years.
Her writing has appeared in many national publications and in several books.
She grew up in South Dakota and has shared that experience and the rich community of the Bay Area with her husband and her now grown children. When she appears on local media or at parent workshops she is often introduced as a “parenting expert,” a label she describes as her favorite oxymoron (followed closely by sweet 16).
Her blog, Raising kids, gardens, and awareness, is a humorous and touching look at raising children, gardens, and awareness.
- Modern Parenthood Adult kids at home: Time to kick the birds out of the nest?
- Modern Parenthood Empty nesters: Claim your extra room
- Modern Parenthood Summer activities for kids: Nix the planner, it's time to play pretend
- Modern Parenthood New Year resolution stress reduction: Tackle the "yeah-buts"
- Modern Parenthood Christmas parenting wisdom: 'It's Jesus' birthday, not yours'
- View all