Stephanie Hanes is the lead blogger for Modern Parenthood.
She began writing for the Monitor as a correspondent in southern Africa and has covered topics ranging from the war in Eastern Congo and shark cage diving off the coast of Cape Town to the "Disney Princess effect" and the fight over American girlhood.
Now, when she isn't writing for Modern Parenthood, she is working on a book about conservation in Africa, chasing after a toddler, trying to remember to walk the dog, and excavating her computer from under a pile of sippy cups and reporter's notebooks.
She graduated from Yale University, worked as a city desk reporter for the Baltimore Sun, has written for dozens of American publications, was an Alicia Patterson journalism fellow and has finally learned how to change a diaper in less than 30 seconds.
She lives in Andover, Mass. with her husband, Christopher, her daughter, Madeline Thuli, a South Africa Labrador retriever, Karoo, and an imperialist cat named Kipling.
- Modern Parenthood Surge in unwed mothers: Deep in the stats, it's not what you think
- Modern Parenthood Michelle Obama’s arms are real; arm-lift cosmetic surgery is just skin deep
- Modern Parenthood Jessica Simpson baby name: Ace? No parent immune to the naming dilemma
- The Harbaugh way: 4 parenting tips for sibling rivalry
- Modern Parenthood Music and delinquency linked: Points for parental advisory stickers
- View all