Lisa Suhay is a children’s book author and has also been a journalist for 25 years. Her career has spanned news, foreign war coverage, and commentary writing for major national and international publications.
She is a community builder and activist, while managing a household of four sons, a spouse, giant dog (a cadoodle – collie-poodle) and a feisty cat named Isabelle.
Mrs. Suhay is also the founder of the Norfolk Initiative for Chess Excellence (NICE) in Norfolk, Va., a 501c3 organization serving at-risk youth via mentoring and teaching the game of chess for critical thinking and life strategies.
- Modern Parenthood Breastfeeding mom kicked out of Conn. court
- Modern Parenthood Godzilla trailer breeds new memories to take over family time (+video)
- Modern Parenthood Sound of Music: Von Trapp family snubs NBC casting
- Modern Parenthood Rare-earth magnets: Common sense not included
- Modern Parenthood Little black dress, move over; other gowns deserve reprise
- View all