Lisa Suhay is a children’s book author and has also been a journalist for 25 years. Her career has spanned news, foreign war coverage, and commentary writing for major national and international publications.
She is a community builder and activist, while managing a household of four sons, a spouse, giant dog (a cadoodle – collie-poodle) and a feisty cat named Isabelle.
Mrs. Suhay is also the founder of the Norfolk Initiative for Chess Excellence (NICE) in Norfolk, Va., a 501c3 organization serving at-risk youth via mentoring and teaching the game of chess for critical thinking and life strategies.
- Modern Parenthood Alexa Ray Joel: Stepping into her own spotlight
- Modern Parenthood Lammily doll: Crowdfunding the 'Average' Barbie
- Modern Parenthood National Pancake Day and the stolen IHOP mug (+video)
- Modern Parenthood Valeria Lukyanova: 'Human Barbie' distracts from Ukraine news
- Modern Parenthood Kate Mara: 'House of Cards' star's sibling bond
- View all