Lisa Suhay is a children’s book author and has also been a journalist for 25 years. Her career has spanned news, foreign war coverage, and commentary writing for major national and international publications.
She is a community builder and activist, while managing a household of four sons, a spouse, giant dog (a cadoodle – collie-poodle) and a feisty cat named Isabelle.
Mrs. Suhay is also the founder of the Norfolk Initiative for Chess Excellence (NICE) in Norfolk, Va., a 501c3 organization serving at-risk youth via mentoring and teaching the game of chess for critical thinking and life strategies.
- Modern Parenthood Brooklyn Beckham cougar attack: A double standard?
- Modern Parenthood Let go of your Lego? Pley offers rentals.
- Modern Parenthood Game of Thrones: When spoiled rotten spoils all
- Modern Parenthood School stabbing: Are parents desensitized to school violence? (+video)
- Modern Parenthood On 'National Name Yourself Day,' what's in a name?
- View all