Lisa Suhay is a children’s book author and has also been a journalist for 25 years. Her career has spanned news, foreign war coverage, and commentary writing for major national and international publications.
She is a community builder and activist, while managing a household of four sons, a spouse, giant dog (a cadoodle – collie-poodle) and a feisty cat named Isabelle.
Mrs. Suhay is also the founder of the Norfolk Initiative for Chess Excellence (NICE) in Norfolk, Va., a 501c3 organization serving at-risk youth via mentoring and teaching the game of chess for critical thinking and life strategies.
- Modern Parenthood After 30 years on death row, can a wronged man forgive?
- Modern Parenthood Crowdfunding spotlights innovations ripe for parent support
- Modern Parenthood Sheryl Sandberg aims to 'Ban Bossy' so girls can blossom as leaders (+video)
- Modern Parenthood Mario Day: Ways to score big bonding points (+video)
- Modern Parenthood National Salesperson Day: Admiring kids’ sales pitches
- View all