Lisa Suhay is a children’s book author and has also been a journalist for 25 years. Her career has spanned news, foreign war coverage, and commentary writing for major national and international publications.
She is a community builder and activist, while managing a household of four sons, a spouse, giant dog (a cadoodle – collie-poodle) and a feisty cat named Isabelle.
Mrs. Suhay is also the founder of the Norfolk Initiative for Chess Excellence (NICE) in Norfolk, Va., a 501c3 organization serving at-risk youth via mentoring and teaching the game of chess for critical thinking and life strategies.
- Modern Parenthood Bed bugs on the eve of summer vacation: A mom’s guide [+video]
- Modern Parenthood Summer school: Free online educational activities for students and adults
- Modern Parenthood Kirstie Alley slams Abercrombie (+video): Moms, will you be shopping there?
- Modern Parenthood Disney Princess Merida makeover: A 7-year-old’s verdict on the 'Brave' heroine
- Modern Parenthood Mother's Day gift to mom of four boys: a little girl with Willy Wonka ‘lift’
- View all