Follow Linda K. Wertheimer
Linda K. Wertheimer
Linda K. Wertheimer, The Boston Globe’s former education editor, writes about religion, education, and family for various publications and blogs at Jewish Muse, A Writer's Blog on Faith and Family.
She worked full-time as a journalist for nearly 25 years, spending the last part of her career at the Globe and The Dallas Morning News. She is a late bloomer in motherhood, marriage, and faith. In her early 40s, she celebrated her adult bat mitzvah, married, and had a son – in that order.
She has won awards for her journalistic work and personal essays. This year, she won second place in the Education Writers Association contest for a Globe magazine piece about one school's efforts to teach about religion. She also is writing a memoir about how losing her brother led her closer to her faith; excerpts from her memoir recently placed in contests sponsored by Moment magazine and Tiferet, a literary journal.
- Modern Parenthood A son asks to go to temple and his mom's religious enthusiasm grows, too
- Modern Parenthood ‘God is the clouds,’ a son advises his pondering mom
- Modern Parenthood High school reunion: Why return to those embarrassing memories?
- Modern Parenthood Marissa Mayer: Take longer maternity leave – for yourself and us
- Modern Parenthood Piggy bank versus tzedakah box: Learning to save – and give
- View all