Anne Collier is editor of NetFamilyNews.org, a blog, RSS feed, and e-mail newsletter that focuses on "kid-tech news for parents.” With SafeKids.com’s Larry Magid, she co-directs ConnectSafely.org, a Web-based interactive forum and information site for teens, parents, educators, and everybody interested in the impact of the social Web on youth and vice versa.
Anne serves on Facebook’s Safety Advisory Board; she was co-chair of the Obama administration's Online Safety and Technology Working Group, which in June 2010 delivered its report to Congress, “Youth Safety on a Living Internet”; and she served on the Internet Safety Technical Task force, formed by 49 state attorneys general and Fox Interactive/MySpace and based at Harvard University's Berkman Center for Internet & Society.
A Massachusetts native, Anne holds B.A. and M.A. degrees from Principia College and the University of Chicago, respectively, and lives with her family in San Jose, Calif.
- Modern Parenthood Facebook waning, social media may have plateaued among teens, Pew study says
- Modern Parenthood The girls are all right: Girls not as vulnerable to sexting as media says
- Modern Parenthood Sexting: Tips for educators, parents for talking to teenagers about sexting
- Modern Parenthood Sexting: They don't call it that now, and other facts about teen mobile nudity
- Modern Parenthood Parents: 'This is the way we've always done it' doesn't work in digital world
- View all